G-Suite: Google Apps for Education
Newman- Crows Landing Unified School District is excited to use G-Suite Google Apps For Education (GAFE) as a service for teachers and students to safely engage each other online.
What is G-Suite?
G-Suite is a safe online collaborative learning environment. It is tightly integrated with our school network and Internet filter, and was developed and designed specifically for educational purposes. The only users on GAFE are students and educational staff. We’ll be using it in a variety of ways, including learning Internet safety and digital citizenship, extending classroom discussions, collaborating on projects, creation and completion of assignments, school-related only email correspondence between students/teachers, and more. MBC includes:
- Easy access to good educational resources including, but not limited to, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and more.
- Collaborative learning through groups, web pages, discussions, blogs, monitored messaging, and additional tools
- Private file storage for anywhere access to works in progress- no need for flash drives
- Extensive monitoring and reporting
As per school policies, all activities requiring Internet access will be supervised by the teacher at school. Internet safety education will be included as part of introducing new technology tools. Teacher supervision, the school web filter, and spot checking student accounts will be used to ensure that students’ use of digital tools follows district and school policy and procedures.
Parents/Guardians understand that supervision of Internet use outside of school is your responsibility. Please discuss your family rules and expectations for using Internet based tools. Always report any evidence of cyber bullying or other inappropriate use to the school. You can ask that your child’s account be terminated by contacting a school administrator. If you would like to know more about GAFE, please visit http://www.google.com/edu/about.html.
Google Apps for Education Digital Citizenship Pledge
- I will not share personal information online about myself or others such as home address, telephone number or age.
- I will not use bad language including acronyms or abbreviations.
- I will not have conversations or create posts or messages that would be inappropriate in the classroom.
- I will not threaten, insult, gossip, tease or be mean to others.
- I will respect the feelings and ideas of others.
- I will not add pictures or videos that would not be appropriate to share in the classroom.
- I will notify a teacher of any inappropriate content I find or anything that I find that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will not share my login information with anyone or allow anyone else to use my account, because I will be held responsible for anything that they do.
- I will not spam others.
- I will try my best to use correct grammar and spelling.
- I will not use ALL CAPITALS, because it is considered yelling and may offend others.
- I will check with my teacher whenever I have questions about any of these rules.